Sunday 10 March 2013

a water shaman

It is taught that water has memory. It carries the past, and bears scars of misuse, though also hold the potential to be transformed through the power of intention.

What then is intention?

Intention can be understood as the vehicle by which the mind moves to it's object. It is the connecting factor... I'll give an example.

Without intention, my eyes will not move towards these words. I need intention to engage with my world, to be pro-active, to engage. And furthermore, my understanding is that the more powerful my intention, the more powerful that engagement is.

When I intend to do something, it activates a cascade effect, in line with the laws of karma. I create a cause, and experience an effect.

And in the world of the unseen, invisible effects manifest, remaining in the formless until the effect ripens, whereby it is experienced.

As I sow, so I reap. 

A gardener will sow seeds, knowing they will remain invisible, and unknown, until the moment arrives when the seed ripens. This can be weeks, months or years. And so it is with actions - actions predicated upon intention.

The shaman works with intention as one of the primary tools, along with the understanding that the more powerful the intention, the more powerful is the effect.

 

So, to the practical applicaton of intention upon water. 

I'll use the analogy of preparing for a dinner party. I'll consider my guests, and the food I wish to serve, and then I'll have to go to the shops to buy my ingredients, take time to prepare and cook... Oh, and I'll have to lay the table, arrange the candles and glasses, and finally serve the meal when all is in place.

The results, the meal, is the only manifest effect that my guests will see, and all my preparation will be invisible, but... and it is a big but... the quality of my preparation will noticed.

And so it is with water. The time in preparation is of paramount importance, it is the journey to the destination, the pilgrimage itself whereby effort is placed, and then... perfect results will simply happen, by themselves.

Through intention I both usher and gather unseen and mystical energies towards my goal, so the work is done upon the journey.

You'll see in this image that my ingredients have been carefully chosen, the table has been laid, the meal prepared and dinner is now served.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark! I love your website and your blog - looks like very deep work you are into - you might enjoy this website of my friend Bruce Rawles: http://www.geometrycode.com/
    Enjoy!
    Cheers! tomas ☼

    ReplyDelete