Tuesday 1 October 2013

Tom Tom Woods

The Watery Tale of Tom Tom Woods

 Shortly after Autumn Equinox, I was invited to a party - a house warming party, in the Sussex countryside.


 It was a soft gentle party, with beautiful, magical, dancing, singing, playing young women, and strong, wise, handsome young men... I was the eldest, and both happy and honoured to be in such bright young magical company.

The party held promise. Unknown, but beckoning.

I went into the dark night garden at around 1.30 am, to sit and smoke, under a large autumnal tulip tree. The soft wind rustled the drying leaves, and caught my wandering attention.

My mind rambled and roamed, explored and enquired, and suddenly I was talking to a bright eyed young man - Thomas. I really liked this man's energy, and I felt compelled to talk, and to realise the nature of our encounter.

We talked of trees, of woodlands, and of water, and within moments he had produced a map of Tom Tom Woods, asking where water might be found. The map showed old topography, revealing the ancient pathways of the water's flow, and within minutes we had arranged to meet the following day, for an exploration.

We climbed through from the track, along a lane, and onto a pathway, ever narrowing, the canopy starting to hold and enclose the space.

I saw the swamp - the sign of a clumsy hand, an attempt at creating a pool on a steep hillside, now blocked, filthy and inert... and with a tragedy within its soul.


Rowan berries hung deep and heavy over the swamp, the ripened red fruit conveying a promise, but the story had an unfoldment, an unexpected turn.


Gonna see The Riverman, gonna tell him all I can, about the plan...

The alchemy of water and sunlight - the beckoning of the golden light.


I was told the story of how the daughter of the previous land-owner had died in this swamp... drowned. And I realised that not only was the land to be cleared for the water's flow, but the trauma released from the soil.

It was time to work, to clear and to begin the release. Decades of decay and casual neglect had blocked the water's path, holding back that which needed release.

Teach me the lesson of flowing...


The flow exists, and though its labyrinthine passage is excrutiating and agonisingly slow, working with bare hands is the perfect way to feel into the soul of the earth, and tenderly clear these old pathways. A gentle reveal, of both outer and inner.


Purifying and cleansing the water, cleanses and purifies the soul. Each handful opens up and frees deep needs from within, and the release of water opens the energetic flow of life.


The water carries subtle prayers and wishes, as an amplifier, a lens, through which intentions are carried far downstream to the great oceans, and back up to the spring source, and into the vast unknowable inner earth. The cycle, never-ending, completes and begins, once again.


And soon, it flows. And I breathe, and I am healed once again. The water sings and dances, the air is alive and fresh, the passive becomes active, and the wheel begins to turn once again.


Soon fishes will be swimming here once again, life returning with renewed vigour and vitality. This is so simple to do, so easy to do, and so profoundly rewarding.

 Join me sometime, or take me with you - in the service of water. If you know of woodlands in need of my hands, I am a friend of the water.

8 comments:

  1. Deeply touched, and profoundly directed, 'across and within the multi leveled board' - as you know <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - thank you.

    I do sometimes wonder about the ramifications of playing a strategic game of 5D chess, operating beyond the limitations of space and time...

    This coming year, 2014, I've been invited to do some work on some of the lost and buried rivers of London, so that will be exciting and profound, and even to do some liberation at the source of the River Thames, the Dragon Lady of London... Did you know she is also called 'Isis'?

    She is one sexy flow... http://www.loguk.com/life/images/2007/11/21/thames.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mark, I have learned that synchronicity is a language, a form of communication by which we can create in union with our higher selves, and there was much in what you wrote that is synchronous for me. Lovely music also.

    The image of the river, through the filter of the mist and light rays is beautiful. I wonder how many streams feed into that one...in my case.

    Nice symbol Isis holds in her hands - the cross with halo.....Liberation is a peachy thing anytime, lol! Bring it on, I say. Dragons must be fun to ride. :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a dream a couple of years ago, on the night that Venus transitted the Sun. I was wandering (in dreamland), across hilltops at dusk and saw that my destination, a town within a far valley, was submerged under water.

      Curious.

      I saw on the distant horizon a thin black line. Slowly gaining intensity.

      No doubt. No question. A giant tsunami was heading my way.

      My eyes widened as I realised the implications...

      I turned to run in the opposite direction.

      And - there was another tsunami heading towards me.

      This was an inescapeable event. I was to be engaged by two immense waves of crashing waters.

      In the second before the inevitable I had the immediate opportunity to prepare for what I knew was my death time.

      That single second offered me ample time to think - ''If I offer any resistance to the overwhelming power and intensity of these meeting waves, I will be torn in agony into pieces. But if I offer no resistance whatsover, the violent crashing turbulence will have nothing to hold onto"

      I recalled instantly, almost by emergency default, all my meditation training, of gathering my mind and associated energy winds into my heart chakra, and released alll attachments to body, friends, family, experience... everything.

      I awoke from my dream, like a champagne cork. The most powerful dream of my life. I had awoken myself from the dream....

      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605052192865643&set=a.557825407588322.1073741836.213593625344837&type=1&theater

      Delete
  4. I remember that dream clearly. I remember the fullness of peace, and then the expansiveness it gave me - freedom. It certainly was a dream, as the town in the far valley was not submerged at all, and all were safe, then - or was it that I had moved my focus to a new reality? I don't recall thinking in that moment of completely releasing my life, the liberation which came from complete surrender. Now I wonder how many dreams will it take, how much unraveling of fraying fibers of a Gordian knot. Someone hand me a broadsword.

    I saw a ring yesterday - gold with a triangle in the center and a diamond in the center of that. It belonged to a man who had come for healing. He said he could help me also, and a gentle healer I suppose him to be, but I take counsel from no man, no body, especially one that was shaking so much! I take counsel from divine mind and who are they who live where he has been? They reside in another dimension he said. I had focused on a symbol as I fell asleep the night before, had a very strange dream - my cat turned into a white long haired one, then back again, then again. I said "oh, I see you're very powerful" to whoever was responsible....and a gentleman with a European accent appeared in a shop I went into and pronounced it was he who had things to teach if I wished. I did....then some odd things were shown. He worked in a system (tax) office lol but in a secret part of it working with others of high supernatural powers behind the scenes. I realized I was over my head, and sensed I needed clarity. Well, that was yesterday.

    Venus certainly seems to bring some golden opportunities.

    I intend to take a walk amongst the ancient trees in tom tom woods, and learn of the flow of water through all things.

    I had a vision yesterday morning of removing my eagles talons from the lines of force of the 3D grid and saw the wind bellow under my wings carrying me upward into higher planes. I wonder how to flow with such electricity sometimes, then other times, bliss divine! The artwork piece you linked to above reminded me of pictures in a book I have 'The Keys of Enoch'. Keep that bottle on ice, 'Mark my words' ;)
    Love and gratitude, and always open ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lapidary has worked the aquamarines, with soft subtle convex cuts, and the citrine awaits his attention.

      A time close by, for a jewel mandala, in preparation, après Winter Solstice.

      But first.

      Oh, we shall locate that loci, that infinite point of reversal, the fulcrum of polarity exchange... Gaia's seat.

      The homeopath has been in long seasonal preparation, whilst the alchemist watches, and waits, his hands dirty.

      To loose an arrow, from his heart, to pass through 1000 spinning wheels, to meet the gifted moment.

      Thus our wishes will be intertwined with the renewal of spring.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work, Mark. One day I would love to go with you, free some water and see it flow. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any stream, any brook, any spring, any rivulet... Whenever you wish, wherever you choose.

      Delete